At the Charlotte church we claim no creed but the Bible. We believe that it is inspired by God and given for the purpose of instructing man on how to be pleasing to Him (II Timothy 3:16). To this end, we examine the Word to determine what is truth and what is not (Acts 17:11). Furthermore, we believe that if all would lay aside doctrines of men and simply believe and practice what is in the Word, there would be no religious division (I Corinthians 1:10-13; John 17:20-22; Romans 15:5-6).
We provide this page to explain what the Bible says about a number of subjects. We invite you to study and investigate as the Bereans did, in order to determine the truth. If you have any questions, please contact us.
How can I be saved?
- Hear the gospel (Romans 1:16; Romans 10:14-17)
- Believe (John 8:24; Hebrews 11:6)
- Repent of sins (Acts 2:38
- Confess Christ (Matthew 10:32; Romans 10:10)
- Be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38
- Remain faithful (Revelation 2:10)
What is baptism and what does it do?
- It is for the remission of sins (Acts 2:37-38)
- It saves us (I Peter 3:21)
- It washes away our sins (Acts 22:16)
- It puts us into Christ (Galatians 3:27; Romans 6:3-4)
- It is a burial (Romans 6:3-5)
- It is accompanied by belief (Mark 16:16)
- It is accompanied by repentance (Acts 2:37-38)
- It is accompanied by confession (Acts 8:36-37)
Can a Christian be lost by sinning?
- He can fall away (Galatians 5:4)
- He can make shipwreck of the faith (I Timothy 1:18-20)
- He can be a castaway (I Corinthians 9:17)
- He can return to the world (II Peter 2:21-22)
- He still needs to be forgiven of his sins (I John 1:8-9)
What is the work of the church?
- Evangelism (Ephesians 3:10-11; I Thessalonians 1:8)
- Edification (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- Benevolence to saints (I Corinthians 16:1-3; I Timothy 5:16)
How should the church worship God?
- In spirit and in truth (John 4:24)
- Decently and orderly (I Corinthians 14:40)
- In song (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16)
- In prayers (Romans 12:12)
- In preaching and teaching (Acts 20:7)
- In observing the Lord's Supper memorial (I Corinthians 11:23-29)
- In a free-will offering (II Corinthians 8:1-4)
What is the Bible?
- The standard by which we will be judged (John 12:48)
- Causes us to grow (I Peter 2:2)
- Inspired by God (II Timothy 3:16)
- Able to build us up and give us an inheritance (Acts 20:32)
- The Sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17)